Home ☆☆☆ Entertainment ☆☆☆ BooksItem no.413211852885
X-Men: The Art and Making of the Animated Series takes fans behind the scenes of the landmark cartoon that laid the groundwork for the dozens of Marvel Comics adaptations that followed.
Magic in the details...
- The story behind the creation of one of the most celebrated, revolutionary animated series of all time
- Interviews with series writers, producers, executives, and artists reveal the razor's edge that Marvel and Fox navigated in order to bring the X-Men to television
- Details the tough decisions, compromises, and brilliant solutions that resulted in a series that has been lauded by critics and fans for nearly three decades
- Along the way, readers will encounter such comics and entertainment luminaries as Stan Lee, Avi Arad, and Haim Saban
- This book gives a first-hand account of what it's like to develop, pitch, design, write, draw, direct, and produce an animated series
- Accompanied by rare original art, animated cels and still frames, and production and merchandising ephemera
The bare necessities
- 288 pages
- H30 x W30cm approx.
- Written by Eric Lewald and Julia Lewald
- Published by Hachette