Home ☆☆☆ Entertainment ☆☆☆ BooksItem no.413211964670
The lush and unique photography in this book represents National Geographic's Photo Ark, a major initiative and lifelong project by photographer Joel Sartore to make portraits of the world's animals -especially those that are endangered. His powerful message, conveyed with humour, compassion, and art: to know these animals is to save them.
Magic in the details...
- Sartore is circling the globe, visiting zoos and wildlife rescue centres to create studio portraits of 12,000 species, with an emphasis on those facing extinction
- With a goal of photographing every animal in captivity in the world, he has photographed more than 6,000 already and now, thanks to a multi-year partnership with National Geographic, he may reach his goal
- This book showcases his animal portraits: from tiny to mammoth, from the Florida grasshopper sparrow to the greater one-horned rhinoceros
- Paired with the eloquent prose of veteran wildlife writer Douglas Chadwick, and an inspiring foreword from Harrison Ford, this book presents a thought-provoking argument for saving all the species of our planet
The bare necessities
- 400 pages
- H26 x W26cm approx.
- Written by Joel Sartore
- Foreword by Harrison Ford
- Published by Hachette